Friday 12 December 2008

heartbeat

whilst getting my christmas tree and decorations out this year
with my kids i had a sky music channel on , it was playing christmas
number ones from the ninetys and there it was heartbeat from steps
i remember listening to that when my mum was alive i sat on my sofa
looking at a piece of gold tinsel and thinking to myself my god how time has flew
i remember helping mum put up the decorations and here i am putting up
my decorations with my own kids it brought a smile to my face my son aston
asked me what i was smiling for? and i replied to him i was just thinking about
your granny and how when i was his age i used to put up the decorations with her
and he stated to laugh and said mummy i cant imagine you being my age
cheeky little bugger i gave him a hug and said this is a good song isnt it?
he said to me its a bit sad mummy i said why and he said to me look at the lady in
th video she is crying cause she is alone and cant find her true love and that came
from a 10 year old the next song on was wizzard and started to jump around merrily again
and i sat there watching him for a few minutes then i continued to decorate the tree
with his help whilst eating the candy canes and chocolate coins he said i love you mum
my heart melted and i thought thats the biggest gift ill ever get for christmas.

No comments: